- Rated in the most sustainable bank b North America This is the second year in a row
- Ranked sixth in the world, out of 935 banks, 47God Out of 8080 companies
- High scores in net income and leadership and leadership
Toronto, January 25, 2021 / CNW / – BMO Financial Group (TSX: BMO) (NYSE: BMO) Selected for Global Corporate Organizations 2021 Global The 100 existing corporations in the world and this is the second year in a row the most existing bank North America.
BMO has been recognized for its existing loan portfolio – including green loans and loans for women and small businesses owned by BIPOC – as well as its ongoing commitment to creating a sustainable future in all its operations. The BMO also received a high score in a variety of leadership and boards, with women representing 45.5 percent of the board’s independent directors.
BMO continues to make significant progress in its commitments aimed at doubling the good for a sustainable future, a thriving economy and an overall society. In 2019 BMO committed to enlist $ 400 billion With sustainable financing until 2025, including loans, underwriting and investments $ 150 billion In companies that strive for sustainable and straightforward results $ 250 billion In client investments for sustainable goals. By 2020 the bank had achieved 71 percent of it $ 150 billion The target and surpassed his $ 250 billion target.
“As the global debate on climate change and sustainability grows, companies need to be not only part of the conversation but also part of the solution,” he said. Dan BerkeleyCEO and Group Leader, BMO Capital Markets. “BMO has a commitment to sustainability that includes investing and supporting the communities in which we work and providing strategic support to assist clients in transitioning to more sustainable courses of action. We believe that sustainability is critical to a successful future. ”
To be rated as the most existing bank in North America It is a strong confirmation of the effort and commitment invested in our work on sustainability, “he said Michael TurnsChief Sustainability Officer, BMO. “As part of our goal, BMO is committed to creating long-term value for our stakeholders by addressing today’s most pressing challenges with industry-leading approaches to sustainable finance, climate change, human rights, diversity, capital and inclusion. We are excited about our progress and are constantly committed to achieving our goal. And help customers, employees and communities achieve their goals. ”
BMO Financial Group’s actions on sustainability and towards a sustainable future include:
- In 2019, the BMO unveiled its goal of boldly empowering the good in business and life, announcing commitments to doubling the good for a thriving economy, a sustainable future and an overall society.
- BMO pledged to enlist $ 400 billion With sustainable financing until 2025, including loans, underwriting and investments $ 150 billion In companies striving for sustainable results, and an impact investment fund, with $ 250 million In seed capital, to find and expand solutions to sustainability. To date we have achieved 71% of our own $ 150 billion Focus and transcend ours $ 250 billion target.
- In 2020 BMO launched BMO EMpower, a $ 5 billion A five-year commitment to address key barriers facing minority businesses, communities and families in United States
- In 2019, the BMO released a $ 500 million Existing bonds are used in revenues related to UN sustainable development goals
- B October 2020BMO has reached a major milestone in 100 percent matching of electricity use to renewable electricity
- B May 2020, BMO has signed the operating principles for impact investing, a gold standard for managing impact investment funds, developed by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation.
- Global-level sustainability disclosure, including climate-related risks and opportunities, in accordance with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) and Standards of the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
- The first Canadian bank to sign the UN Empowerment Principles for Women in 2019. In 2018, the BMO undertook to $ 3 billion In the capital available to business women b Canada Over three years
The BMO leadership in the field of sustainability has been recognized in many rankings, including:
- Ranked 15thGod In the Wall Street Journal 2020 list with the 100 most sustainable managed companies in the world, the third in total in social capital
- Ranked in the top 10% of banks in the world in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Score A- in the CDP Climate Change Questionnaire from 2020
- The Ethisphere® Institute’s list of the most global ethics companies in 2020
- The Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (2020) is the fifth year in a row
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Variety (United States)
- Knights of the Corporation 2020 50 Best Citizens of the Corporation b Canada
For more information on BMO’s commitment to a sustainable future, please visit the bank Sustainability Report. For more information on the BMO goal, please visit our goal page.
About BMO Financial Group
BMO has been serving customers for 200 years and is a writer, and is a very diverse financial services provider – the eighth largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $ 949 billion as of October 31, 2020, and a diverse and highly involved staff, BMO provides a wide range of personal and commercial banking services, wealth management and investment banking to more than 12 million clients and management. Business through three operating groups: personal and commercial banking, BMO wealth management and BMO capital markets.
BMO Professional Finance Group
For more information: For new media inquiries: Kelly Heller, Toronto, [email protected], (416) 867-3996