Equal momentum in stimulus hopes and positive earnings expectations continued to raise Wall Street with the S&P 500 and NASDAQ setting newer highs. NASDAQ led the way with a 0.55% rally to 13,530. The S&P 500 recorded only partial gains in IT, consumer discretion and communications services, but it reached another new high, 3858. The Dow ended lower. There is a spirit against the virus and uncertainty about the amount of stimulus that will make it through Congress, but they are being shaded for now. Debt securities recorded small losses against the background of the increase in risk appetite and some concerns due to inflation. Longer periods resulted in lower performance when bonds stabilized above 3 basis points to 1.865%. This year to 10 years rose to 1.102%. The two-year year changed slightly by 0.135%, and was slightly affected by next week’s delivery announcement.
Central market point
- The U.S. data calendar includes existing home sales, Flash Markit PMI
- Canada Retail Sales – Expected to Rise 0.1%
- The so-called British coded version, highly transmitted, takes place around the world
- Better performance in the euro against the background of a change in sentiment in relation to the ECB’s policy position
- The dollar block, periodic currencies fall as investors become cautious
- Core EGB instruments have risen with the debt cuts as risk aversion gripped markets
- The complex PMI of early January in the UK is much worse than expected, standing at 40.6 compared to 50.4 of December
- PMI made up of the eurozone fell to 47.5 in January from 49.1 in December
The markets may take over against the background of the various influencers. The data is light with the sales of existing homes in December, expected at a rate of NIS 6.720 million compared to NIS 6.69 million in the past. Flash Market January and PMI services are on tap, along with EIA’s weekly oil inventory data. Profits include Shlomberger, Kansas City South, Financial Areas, and Financial Valley.
|AD – Repay Your Investment Losses! Haselkorn & Thibaut, PA is a national law firm specializing in fighting just for the sake of investors. With a 95% success rate, let us help you againCover your investment losses today. Call now 888-628-5590 Or visit InvestmentFraudLawyers.com to schedule a free consultation and learn how our experience can help you recoup your investment losses. No recovery, no charge.|